Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Continue Systematic Attacks against Palestinian Civilians and Property in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (oPt)
- IOF extra-judicially executed a Palestinian man and wounded a second in the southern Gaza Strip.
- 8 civilian bystanders were wounded, including 4 children and 1 woman.
- IOF continued to carry out airstrikes and land attacks on civilian objects in the Gaza Strip.
- 5 Palestinians were wounded, including 2 children, in shellings, east of Khan Yunis.
- 2 mosque minarets and a tar factory sustained damages, east of Khan Yunis.
- An agricultural warehouse was destroyed and a kindergarten was damaged in the northern Gaza Strip.
- IOF continued to target fishermen in the Gaza Strip.
- IOF opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats four times, arrested 4 fishermen, and confiscated their boats.
- IOF used force to disperse peaceful protests organized by Palestinian civilians in the West Bank.
- Dozens of protestors sustained bruising and suffered from tear gas inhalation.
- IOF conducted 46 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and limited incursions in the Gaza Strip.
- IOF arrested 8 Palestinians, including the wife of a Palestinian prisoner.
- Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
- IOF established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
- 5 Palestinians, including at least 2 children, were arrested.
- IOF have continued settlement activities in the West Bank, and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
- A Palestinian laborer was wounded when Israeli settlers fired at him in the West Bank.
- IOF prevented the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee from carrying out rehabilitation works in the Old City.
- 220 olive trees and 20 vineyards were destroyed in Bethlehem and Nablus.
- Israeli settlers chased Palestinian farmers from their land, as they began to harvest olives for the harvest season.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (04 – 10 October 2012):
During the reporting period, IOF extra-judicially executed 1 Palestinian man and wounded a second. A total of 14 Palestinians were wounded in the Gaza Strip in the reporting period, 12 of whom were confirmed civilians, including 6 children and 1 woman. In addition, a Palestinian laborer was wounded in the West Bank when Israeli settlers fired at him. Dozens of protestors were wounded in peaceful demonstrations against the annexation wall in the West Bank.
In the Gaza Strip, IOF extra-judicially executed 1 Palestinian man and wounded a second. In addition, 8 civilians were wounded in the same incident, including 4 children and 1 woman, the mother of two of the injured children. On 07 October 2012, an Israeli warplane fired two missiles at two men dressed in civilian clothing who were riding a motorcycle, as they were passing by Taha Hussain Elementary School in the Al-Brazil neighborhood, south of Rafah. It should be noted that the attack was carried out at the end of the school day, moments before the students began to leave the school. Following the attack, the Israeli military spokesperson announced that the raid had targeted two alleged members of the Global Jihad organization (the Mujahidin Shura Council in the Environs of Jerusalem). The Israeli spokesperson claimed that the two targeted persons were planning to implement a complex military operation in Sinai in the coming period.
On 08 October 2012, IOF positioned east of Khan Yunis at the border fence between Gaza and Israel shelled the villages to the east of Khan Yunis. As a result, 5 Palestinians were wounded, among them 4 civilians from the same family, including 2 children. In addition, two minarets were damaged, those of the Ammar Ben Yasser mosque in Abassan village and the al-Hidaya mosque in Khuza’a village.
The full report is available online at: