Posted on 02 December 2013.
- Israeli forces killed 3 Palestinian civilians in Yatta, south of Hebron.
- 2 of the victims were extra-judicially executed while the third was killed in an excessive use of force.
- A Palestinian child was wounded in Qarawet Bani Zaid village, northwest of Ramallah.
- Israeli forces have continued to open fire at the border areas in the Gaza Strip.
- 2 Palestinian civilians were wounded in the northern Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces have continued to use excessive force against peaceful protesters in the West Bank.
- 3 Palestinian civilians, including a child, were wounded in protests in Bil’in village, west of Ramallah, and Kofur Qaddoum village, northeast of Qalqilia.
- 5 civilians, including 2 children, were wounded in al-Jalazoun refugee camp, north of Ramallah.
- Israeli forces conducted 64 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- At least 46 Palestinians, including 10 children, were arrested in the West Bank.
- 3 children were arrested in the Gaza Strip, but released after being interrogated.
- Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
- Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
- At least 5 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children, were arrested at checkpoints in the West Bank.
- Israeli navy forces have continued targeting Palestinian fishermen in the sea.
- 2 Palestinian fishermen were arrested off the fishing port in Rafah in the south of the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli forces have continued to support settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
- Israeli forces demolished 2 residential rooms and 2 barracks, west of Hebron.
- Israeli settlers damaged 210 olive trees in the northern and southern West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (21 – 27 November 2013).
During the reporting period, Israeli forces killed 3 Palestinian civilians in Yatta, south of Hebron. They also wounded 22 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children, in the West Bank and Gaza Strip; 9 of whom, including the 3 children, were wounded in the West Bank, while the 2 others were wounded in the Gaza Strip.
In the West Bank, in a new crime of extra-judicial execution, on 26 November 2013, Israeli forces killed 2 Palestinian civilians in Hebron by targeting their vehicle, north of Yatta village, south of the city.
Half an hour later, in an excessive use of force, Israeli forces killed a Palestinian civilian in the south of Hebron.
Moreover, Israeli forces continued the systematic use of excessive force against peaceful protests organised by Palestinian, Israeli and international activists against the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West. As a result, 3 civilians, including a child, were wounded. Two of whom were during a protest in Kofur Qaddoum village, northeast of Qalqilia, while the third was wounded during a protest in Bil’in village, west of Ramallah.
In the same context, on 23 November 2013, 5 civilians, including 2 children, were wounded when dozens of boys gathered at the southern entrance of al-Jalazoun refugee camp, north of Ramallah, and clashed with Israeli forces.
On 23 November 2013, a Palestinian child was wounded by 2 bullets to the left leg when Israeli forces moved into Qarawet Bani Zaid village, northwest of Ramallah.
In the Gaza Strip, on 22 November 2013, 2 Palestinian civilians were wounded when Israeli forces positioned along the border fence, east of al-Shuhada’ cemetery, east of Jabalia, in the northern Gaza Strip, opened fire at a group of young men, who were a few meters to the west of the said fence.
In the context of targeting fishermen in the sea, on 27 November 2013, Israeli gunboats opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats that were sailing about 1 nautical mile off the fishing port, west of Rafah. The Israeli gunboats surrounded a Palestinian fishing boat boarded by 2 fishermen, from the Sweden Village, southwest of Rafah. They arrested the fishermen and took them to an unknown destination.
The full report is available online at: